BHPA Coaching Course 6/7 Feb 21
We are pleased to announce that we will be running a club coaching course on the weekend of 6/7 Feb 21.
The objective of the course is to train Club Pilots to become Club Coaches. As a Club Coach you will help other pilots in developing their flying skills and progressing safely through the BHPA Pilot Rating Scheme. You don't necessarily need to be a seasoned pilot with years of experience to become a Club Coach - as a minimum you need a CP rating and at least 10 hours flying experience. If you are a Club Pilot with less experience than this you are still welcome to attend, you just won’t be able to become a coach. Some pilots choose to attend these coaching courses purely as an opportunity to learn and expand their knowledge.
If you are already a Club Coach, this course is ideal for refreshing your coaching knowledge. Existing coaches should attend a refresher every 5 years.
More details will be communicated when finalised but here is what I have so far:
- The course date is the weekend of 6 & 7 February 2021 and runs approx. 09:00 to 17:00.
- The course will be held in the Otley/Ilkley area but the actual venue is not yet finalised.
- We can have between 18 and 26 attending, no less and no more.
- The course cost is £30 for a new coach and £20 for a renewal coach.
- Those that go on to become a DHPC coach, and active DHPC coaches who attend as a refresher, will get a full refund of the course fee.
- There will be an additional costs for the venue and refreshments, which I’m not anticipating being more than £10 each and could be less if we are lucky.
Hope you’re interested and thanks.