Leeds Bradford Airspace Change Proposal
The deadline for responses is 6 Oct 17.
The Leeds Bradford Airspace Change Proposal (LBA ACP) is available via this link: http://www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/a ... nsultation
The club's formal response is available from my post on the forum from Sep 03: http://www.dhpc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1293&start=50
Whilst I had been hoping for input from the BHPA and the BGA’s Regional Soaring Representative these haven’t yet materialised. But we are already half way through the consultation period and time is pressing on. Now is the time when we need your help and I want to give you sufficient time to respond.
You will see from our response that we have stated that we have 170 members. We need a significant proportion of you to support our views. If you don’t then it degrades our case. But there is no point in copying our response word for word: this carries less weight than something written passionately in your own words. But in order to make things a bit easier I have listed a few bullet points that you may wish to support and expand upon:
• State that you are a Hang/Paraglider pilot, member of the BHPA and DHPC (and any other clubs), and that you support the club’s response.
• That you oppose the proposal as it currently stands, and that you do not believe it is justified, especially since the forecast increase in passenger numbers has largely been overtaken by BREXIT and a downturn in the economy.
• Main concern: the base of CTA 8 at 3,500’ on the grounds that it will make it more difficult and dangerous to fly underneath it, and that the reduction in size of the Harrogate choke point will make a mid-air collision more likely. Propose that the base be raised to FL55 between the hours of 0900 – 1800hrs in the same way that CTA 9 has.
• Optional points (depending on what you think is important):
o Handing over control of CTA 8 to the military when it ‘isn’t required’.
o CTR 2 + CTA 3.
o The complexity of the proposed airspace.
o Addingham Moorside (and the corridor to Ilkley Moor).
• Any particular flying experience that you have of these areas, or your aspirations to fly in them.
• Any other general points that you want to make (noise, environment, etc).
• Don’t speculate – only quote facts if you know them to be true.
• Don’t get overly emotional.
• Make sure that you include your name.
Title: LBA Consultation Response
I have no idea what our chances of success are. But I do know that I have done everything that I can to fight it. Now it’s your turn. Please don’t let the club down.