Last edited on: 30 Jun 2021
Bottom landing field restrictions - see below.
You must text Ronnie Bailey (07812 778941) before flying. He will respond if there are any issues you need to be aware of.
BL3 is closest to the ridge but should only be used in an emergency.
Due to lambing or hay making the following closures apply: do not fly if there is a risk of needing a field that is closed.
BL1 – closed all of April, May and June.
BL2 & 4 – closed March 15 to April 15, and all of June.
BL3 – closed all of May and June.
Changes to these dates will be published here on the DHPC website.
Reeth Show occupies some of the bottom landing fields and usually takes place over the bank holiday weekend at the end of August.
This site is open but please read the information on this page carefully.
OS grid reference: NZ046003
1350ft AMSL, 750ft top to bottom
Experienced pilots only.
1) From High Fremington drive up the single lane road towards Fremington Edge and the White House. There is parking space for several cars on the right, opposite the drive to the White House.
2) Alternatively take the Hard Stiles Road heading east from Fremington and park on the right just before the right turn to Marrick.
3) After crossing Marrick Moor, park before the wall on rough moorland and proceed through the gate to take-off.
There are 3 methods of access to take-off
1) Be aware the access lane up to the White House is very narrow and really only suitable for off road vehicles. From the White House parking, continue on foot up the stoned track, then head to the right on the public footpath to the take-off area.
2) From Hard Stiles Road, follow the public footpath staying on the right hand side of the wall until you reach a step in the wall to the left. Where the wall turns sharp left there is an opening. Re-fasten any temporary fencing or gates. Once through, carry on in the original direction to the first take off area. A steeper take off area with top landing lies a little further on but you must only pass through the gate in the wall, which is located slightly down the slope. Close all gates.
3) From Fremington take the Marske road, turn left at the crossroads along Stelling Road towards Hurst. Turn left to Hurst and after 1Km you will reach Hall Farm on your right. Take the gate on your left to cross Marrick Moor. This is a UCR (unclassified county road) and completely legal to use. After 1.5 Km, park before the wall and proceed through the gate to take-off.
Electricity cables between take off and the bottom landing fields.
Rocky ridge and slope.
Site can be susceptible to out of phase wave.
Possible rotor from trees and buildings in landing field 2.
XC pilots should be aware of Danger Area D408 downwind of the site.
The Dales Bike Centre is located near to BL1. Please make use of the excellent bike shop and café.
Great cakes - especially the Friday Show Stopper.
Reasonable mobile coverage. Public telephones in Reeth and Grinton.