Rating Exam Revision Materials
The links below are to revision materials for the P and AP ratings. Please regard the Airlaw sections as subject to change over time.
However, they are more than adequate for the purpose of what the exam covers. Please any club coach if you wish to sit an exam and we'll arrange for the papers.
Revision notes for the Pilot exam (Flybubble)
An excellent starting point that gathers into one site much of what I have pdf'd below. This link is in grateful appreciation for the work of the late Graham Taylor (who did all the work) and Sheila Knotts in keeping his website available for others.
- Airlaw (P and AP level)
- Airchart Symbols
- Airspace Classification
- VFR/Airspace and lots more (bit techie)
- Flight Theory
- Flight Theory (Les Cowling)
- Polar Curve and Speed To Fly
- Aerodynamics Of Flight - glider based but excellent discussion none the less
- Reflex wing
- Advanced Pilot Material - but good for Pilot too
- Advanced Pilot application form
- Pilot exam test questions
- FLPA (SPHG) syllabus
- Pilot Exam syllabus
- AP/P Presentation in powerpoint (excellent)
- Various Paragliding Articles on Skynomad site
Judith Mole's blogcasts. Really excellent, a wide variety of interviews with very experienced pilots on a whole hots of topics.
Scroll down and you'll find our very own Melise Harland being interviewed.
Other more general stuff:
- A Guide to Paragliding Competitions
- A Guide to glider EN rating/skills sets required
- Risk profiling chart
Joint Coaching Day Powerpoint slides (from March 2012)